The Eve of a New Year

Well, it looks like we made it y'all. It is the final day of the year! 
Before I turn to reflecting on the year gone by, and the year to come, I firstly wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone who has supported The Aussie Prep over the past (almost) 12 months. Being able to share aspects of my life with you all has definitely been one of my highlights for 2016. As we approach The Aussie Prep's First birthday in roughly two weeks, I am extremely excited to continue building this little blog of mine, and see where it takes us. 

Dress: Zara |  Shoes: Wittner
I know that there is this joke going around at the moment of how much of a terrible year 2016 was. On a broader scale, yeah, 2016 did bring a lot of deeply sad news. On a much more personal scale,  however, 2016 was a big year for me and brought many exciting experiences. I went on a road trip with my best friend, which was the most time we have spent together in the history of our friendship. Claire and I booked, paid for, and survived our first overseas holiday all by ourselves. I saw Selena Gomez in concert. I put myself out there in the pursuit of my dreams, which lead to my first paid job in the art world. I turned 21, and graduated from my dream school. I also met new people, creating new friendships I already deeply cherish.

I am very much anticipating 2017, despite no longer having the comfort blanket of school to rely on. I start my new, Real-Adult-9-to-5-Five-Days-A-Week job(!!) this coming week, and Claire and I are planning on moving during the first few months of the new year.  So many changes are happening, and this blog will stay through it all! 

What was your favourite memory from 2016?

I am wishing you the happiest of all the new years! 

No comments