Keep It Positive

So far this year I have been battling with a lot of negative thoughts. It might be because I haven't been working for the past month, which means I have spent a lot of time at home by myself, working on the blog every day (which is more than I have in the history of The Aussie Prep so far). With my two year anniversary of this blog, I was dwelling on things like growth, comparing myself to others and, like every blogger, frustration with the changes in Instagram's algorithm. However, I am trying to focus on turning the negatives into positives. As Elle Woods says in Legally Blonde: The Musical, keep it positive!


I thought it would be a good idea to use this post to share the photos Claire and I took by our friends' pool the other day to incorporate a message of body positivity too. Like everyone, there are definitely things I don't like about my body. Let's be real - there is definite tummy sucking happening in some of these photos. Eventually I forgot I was meant to suck in though and just enjoyed myself. I love how these photos came out, and I can see in the photos where I am not holding my breath, that my body is great just the way it is! These photos have a great feeling of being in Summer and show how much joy I have when I'm spending time with my friends. Being happy and healthy enough to be able to live in the moment is all that matters, y'all!

Gingham bikini: Lauren James (similar)

As I mentioned earlier, lately I have been thinking about the state of my blog. Most of all, I worry about the content I am producing. Confession time: editing photos is actually my least-favourite part about blogging. I hate looking at my Instagram profile sometimes (Instagram themes are just the worst, aren't they?), and I'm actually still not in love with how my photos look despite changing my aesthetic. I like them, and I know I am on the right track, but they're not perfect. I have come to the realisation that I have great ideas and creative vision for my work, but my execution is always lacking. I feel like there's always something which could be better. 

However, I have decided this doesn't have to be a negative! I am someone who is always wanting to continue to learn and grow, whether it be in my career, or a creative outlet like this blog. I may not be achieving the perfect look that I want, but I am a determined and passionate person, and I know I won't stop until I get there. In just over a week I will be starting back at school to study creative direction and styling and I cannot wait, because I know I will be learning new skills. While I don't know the specifics of what I will be studying, I feel like I will be properly learning how to execute my vision as a stylist and new techniques in content creation as a creative director, which will help improve my content. The Aussie Prep is a space where I can experiment, practice my skills and have fun with it all. Eventually, this will also help me grow my career beyond this little ol' blog of mine. How cool is that?! 

What I am trying to say is, if there is anything in your life that is getting you down, try to find the positive of the situation. Feeling stuck in your career? There's always the possibility of trying something new! The dating game bringing you down? Focus on your friends and family and how great they are instead. I'm no way the best person to give out advice, but I hope that reading this post is able to help at least one person (even if it is just myself). 

I hope you have a great weekend! I'll catch you next week.

Grace.

2 comments