Favourites | August 2016

G'day y'all!

We have officially made it to Spring! I am super excited about the next four months that remain of 2016. I feel like there are so many things coming up that I cannot keep track, and August was just the beginning. So much happened in August and I'm flipping through my Lilly agenda trying to remind myself.

@theaussieprep on Instagram


1. Fashion - L.L. Bean Boots

I know, I know, I have already included my Bean Boots in a favourites before, but these past two weeks have been filled with bean boot love that it is impossible to not include in this months favourites. Previously, I used to only wear my boots on days where it was raining, however, with the end of Winter fast approaching and having only worn my boots probably three times over the season, I went on the mission to wear my boots as much as possible and I found myself finding new ways to wear them. Can I also mention that they are such a conversation starter. At one point I made two sales pitches talking about how much I love them twice in one day.

2. Art - Spring 1883

Spring 1883 was a hotel based art fair held at the Hotel Windsor in Melbourne this month. It was my first art fair and I loved the experience so much. The concept was so cool, I was in awe. Each of the galleries included in the fair had a hotel room to set up their art in and operate from. The atmosphere was so interesting to be a part of. The art on show was really spectacular too. I wished that I had enough money to purchase a piece for myself!

3. TV Show - VEEP

After finishing The Newsroom, Claire and I started Veep as our series we watch together. I saw the pilot earlier in the year, but it didn't really catch my interest. I watched again this month and I was hooked. There are three things Claire and I like in a tv show: Women, good humour, and American politics, and Veep covers all three bases.

@theaussieprep at Instagram!

4. Music - 
Selena Gomez and DNCE

At the beginning of the month Claire and I went to the Selena Gomez Revival Tour in Melbourne! I have been a long-time fan of Selena (I'm talking back to the Disney days), so I have been wishing to see her live for years. It was definitely worth the wait, because she is amazing! You could tell that she was having fun on stage, and she is such a beautiful singer. To top it off, DNCE opened for her, and once I saw Joe Jonas I am not kidding when I say that there were tears in my eyes. It was definitely worth the four hours of sleep I got before starting work early the next day.

5. Food - Mr Burger

Mr Burger has one of the best burgers in town, however,  I had never tried it until this month, and I had it twice! I can now confirm that they do have some of the best burgers in Melbourne. I am currently obsessed with their chicken burger with bacon and cheese. It is soo good! I want one right now just thinking about it. 

6. Fashion - (BONUS) Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale

Shopping the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale was a shopping experience like no other. I think I am still recovering from it to be honest. Good news though - my order is on it's way to Australia! Hopefully I will be blogging my haul some time in the next few weeks. Check out my blog post on the experience here!

What did you love in August?

No comments