Favourites | September 2016

G'day y'all!

Can you believe it is time for another monthly favourites post? I enjoy writing these posts because they are great to look back on and remember what was happening in my life at the time. For example, September was such a hectic month for me, but there were also a bunch of great moments that I would like to remember later on in life. This month, as I am scarily getting closer to the end of my degree, I have found myself reflecting on the friends and opportunities I have been lucky to have found in my life over the past three years. There have been multiple talks with friends about life, love, and everything in between that I have truly cherished. While the future looks like an endless, black void at the moment, I am trying to look at it as an exciting time in my life where the possibilities are endless. 



At the beginning of September, Claire and I attended our university's Arts Student Society Graduates Ball for the third years who are graduating at the end of the year (as well as Graduate students, and second years, because why not?). It was such a fun night, but what I loved most about it was my dress! As I am a student, I knew that I wanted to buy a new dress for Ball, but I had a limited budget. Thank goodness for Boohoo, because I managed to find the perfect dress, and it was only $44! In my signature navy, the dress had a fun, young look, while also looking that little bit sophisticated I was wanting, as someone who is about to enter the Real Adult World.  


If you follow me on Snapchat, you might already be familiar with this painting. It is one of my favourites from the National Gallery of Victoria collection, and I was able to write an essay on it for one of my art history classes. What I love most about this painting is the drama of the scene, and how the space is used to enhance that. What is freaky about this painting, however, is that if you zoom in to the woman's reflection in the mirror, she actually does not have a face! You can write a whole essay on just that detail alone. If you find yourself at the NGV, be sure to check it out in the 19th Century paintings gallery with the Salon hang. It is even better in person!



I finally saw Bridget Jones's Baby last weekend with some friends, and I absolutely loved it! We all actually agreed that it might possibly be one of the best Bridget Jones movies (definitely better than the second one). Even though it has been so long in-between the last movies, this one still had the classic humour we know and love while watching a Bridget Jones movie. Even though Hugh Grant wasn't in this one, Daniel Cleaver was still referenced in a hilarious way. But still, the addition of Patrick Dempsey was also quite welcome. However, Colin Firth will always be my favourite.


4. Reading // Vogue Australia 

I have had a subscription to Vogue Australia since 2013, and I never get tired of receiving a new issue of Vogue every month. As Uni gets busier, I find myself having less and less time to sit down and read an issue, so the Vogues have been piling up on my coffee table waiting to be read since, I hate to admit it, June! At the beginning of the week, Claire and I visited our parents, which is a three and a half hour journey on public transport, so I knew that this was the time I needed to start to catch up. I made it through the June and July issues, and wow, I really do love Vogue and fashion. I always find myself reading articles and thinking that someone I know will be interested in it, so I started cutting out articles to give to friends.

5. Music // S/S 16/17 Playlist

As soon as it hit September, I begun working on my playlist for Spring and Summer, and it is all that I have been listening to! Most of these songs I only listen to in the warmer months, and they are some of my favourites, so it has been really great to have them back in my life. If you would like to have a listen, you can check it out on my Spotify! You can also check out my blog post where I share with you my ultimate must-listen songs for Spring

6. Sport // AFL Grand Final 

It may or may not be an unknown fact (depends on how well you know me) that I love football. I may not be a dedicated team follower, but I do enjoy watching the game. Tomorrow is the AFL Grand Final, and this year's game is extra exciting because my childhood team, the Western Bulldogs, are in it for the first time in over 60 years! The hype around this game has been really special, and I cannot wait to watch the game, even though I will be watching it at home by myself and working on an essay in-between quarters. Sad, I know, but we are almost finished with Uni and then there will be plenty of more Grand Final days to enjoy, without thinking about study. 


No comments