Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

G'day y'all!

Last week, Claire made the discovery that the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte has made it to Australia for the first time! Being a person who has an interest in American culture, I have heard so many things about "pumpkin spice," a flavouring which takes over during America's Fall. I had always been confused about why everyone was obsessed with pumpkin spice, until I found out that it does not actually have the taste of pumpkin in it! Rather, it is the spice mixture that goes into pumpkin pie. Now that, I knew I could get on board with.


As I have heard so much about the PSL, I knew that I had to try it out,while the opportunity was available to me. Overall, I LOVED it! The weather was on the cooler side yesterday, so I opted for the hot beverage. However, I feel like it will taste even better iced! The spices taste so great, then you get the hit of coffee. I can definitely see why this would be associated with Autumn so much, because I suddenly felt like I was wrapped up in a big scarf, with a coat and walking through fallen leaves. I had to remind myself that we were nearing the middle of Spring.

Overall, I think that pumpkin spice latte's taste more like a dirty chai, just with sweeter spices. It is also quite similar to Starbucks' Gingerbread Latte, which is available during Christmas, and Claire's favourite holiday drink. I am more partial to the peppermint mocha's, myself. I know that I will definitely be having the PSL again, while it is still here, but I am not going to go out of my way to one as often as I can (as I do with the Peppermint Mocha's).

Have you tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte yet? What do you think? 

No comments