The Cropped Button Down

Hi friends! 

On Wednesday, Claire and I visited Bendigo in Regional Victoria with our dear friend, Miriam, to see the Maticevski: Dark Wonderland exhibition at The Bendigo Art Gallery.  The exhibition is a retrospective of Australian fashion designer Toni Maticevski's work so far. If you read my post discussing how I felt about finishing my Uni degree, you would have seen that I want to find a way to find a way to use both art and fashion together in my career. As the show is a fashion exhibition within an art gallery... you can see where I'm going with this. The exhibition was really beautiful, and was curated in an interesting way. I am so glad I managed to finally make my way across to see it. Also, great news y'all... the exhibition has been extended until the 15th of January! So if you have been thinking on seeing it yourselves, there is definitely still time to organise a trip to Bendigo. 




We were truly graced with such lovely weather for our visit! It was perfect for breaking out my new cropped button down shirt and high waisted white jeans. Not going to lie, I LOVE this outfit. This is perfect for gallery visits, weekend drinks outside, or even a casual, yet still professional, look for your work Christmas party at the bowls club. 

Something I have noticed to be everywhere in stores at the moment is blue and white stripes. As someone who always likes to dress like I am about to head off onto a tour of the islands in Greece, I am so excited about it! There is something about staple wardrobe items being reimagined and updated, yet still keeping its timelessness, that I just love. An example of this, is this cropped button down shirt from Forever New. The cropped hemline of this shirt is a fun twist on the simple button down shirt, which makes it great to wear in the Summer heat. The tie sleeves are an addition to the classic style which is definitely on trend for this coming Summer. However, the only clothing item I could think of to pair with this shirt is to wear high waisted white jeans. This is the only negative I can come up with though, so it's not too terrible!

You can never go wrong with a pair of white jeans in the Summer. These jeans (similar) are from Cotton On and they are one of the few high waisted white jeans I could find on the market. They are Cotton On's typical 7/8 length, which means on my 5' 11" frame makes them even more cropped! Somehow, the fact that they are cropped does not bother me too much. Rather, it creates an easy Summer look, instead of struggling to cuff your regular skinny jeans to make them weather-appropriate. The best part about these jeans though, are their price: $49.95! If you don't mind the shorter length in your jeans, these jeans are definitely perfect to make student budgets happy. What is even better is when I purchased my pair they were scanned at $20! After I splurged on the shirt by paying full price, this just made my day!

What is your favourite trend piece for this coming Summer? 

No comments