Facing Fashion Fears

Okay y'all, let's talk about a little thing called confidence. I am all for wearing what you want and makes you happy. However, even I sometimes find those pieces which I love the idea of, but am too scared to take the plunge. Those items you see in store but never take through to the dressing room, or something you see online and have it sitting there in your cart but never confirm the order. This dress in today's post is one of mine.



Dress: English Factory | Bag: Seed Heritage (not yet online - similar) | Shoes: Big W (similar)

I first saw this dress on Carly from The College Prepster months ago and I could never get it out of my head. You may even notice it from my Wishlist post back in July. I thought the rick-rack trim was such a fun twist on the classic shirt-dress, but I didn't think I could pull off the drop-waist. Then, I found out about Dia&Co's Try-Day-Friday initiative, where they encourage people to step out of their comfort zone for one day and try something new. While the company caters exclusively for sizes 14+, the idea is pretty universal. I was inspired, and finally took the plunge on this dress!

I am so glad I ended up purchasing this dress. My height comes from my long legs, and not my torso. When I have tried drop-waist dresses before, the waistline would always fall across the middle of my bottom. Not the most comfortable thing in the world, let me tell you. But this dress falls perfectly! Paired with simple brown sandals and I feel ready to hit the Australian Open. Anyone else get some major sportswear/tennis vibes from this dress? 

On another note, I want to talk about this bag! Wicker basket bags have been everywhere as the northern hemisphere experienced their summer, especially the ark bag. I love them and wanted to get my hands on one for months. I had a feeling that as Australia approached Spring they would soon pop up in stores locally so I held off. So when I spotted this smaller version of the ark bag at Seed the other day, I gasped. It is smaller, but it can still fit a regular sized wallet some glasses, so I was sold. The style is so fun and I can already see it as the perfect accessory for the upcoming Spring Racing Carnival. 

The lesson with this post, kids, is: face your fashion fears! 
Wear what you want to! 
Confidence, Cohen!
It will definitely pay off.

Love from Australia,
Grace.

1 comment

  1. Hi there! Just wanted to say that I love your posts, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete