Perfect Halloween Movie Snack

Happy Halloween! 

Halloween is still a developing concept in Australia. Yesterday we were putting Halloween decorations up at work and so many people asked me when Halloween actually is, and one guy made a complaint about how Halloween is an American holiday. I think I shattered my friend Devon's world when I told her that Australian's don't really celebrate Halloween (as in, there's no trick or treating) and actually just have a love-hate relationship with America in general. Sorry Dev! 


However, I am such a festive person. Any reason to celebrate and I am all for it! Since Claire and I are big movie fans, we spend Halloween watching halloween-themed movies. Our favourites are the Disney Channel classics, Twitches, the Halloweentown movies and Hocus Pocus. I also love Monster House, which I think is an underrated movie. This past weekend we had a witch-themed movie night with a couple of our friends. I made a Halloween-themed movie snack mix and it was addictive! I am so glad there was four of us to share the bowl, as I feel like if it was just Claire and I we would take days to finish it off. 

If you are spending your night watching some movies, here is my recipe. I did base it off of Sarah Vicker's recipe which she shared on her blog last week, but I added a couple of other things, like popcorn. 

  • Cob's Lightly Salted, Slightly Sweet Popcorn
  • Chocolate Covered Pretzels
  • Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
  • Reese's Pieces
  • Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Milk Chocolate Chips
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
  • Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough
  • Woolworths Malt Chex Cereal
  • Candy Corn 

I hope you have a happy Halloween!

Love from Australia,
Grace.

No comments