Favorites | April 2016

Can you believe that it is May already?! This year really feels like it is flying by, which is both exciting and scary. I thought that today I should share with you some of the favourite things I loved in April, because I always enjoy these type of posts. Plus this will be fun to look back on at the end of the year to see what April was like for me. 

If you enjoyed this style of post, check out my friend, Christine's, own April favourites!



1. L.L Bean Boots

I talk about these boots a lot on this blog, but that may be because I love them so much! When I first saw them on other preppy bloggers I didn't like them at all. However, over time the look of them grew on me to the point I knew that I needed to have my own pair! It took around 6 months for them to arrive in the mail, as they are made to order, but they are so worth it. I wore these boots to Uni on a particularly rainy day and they were amazing. I was walking through deep puddles and everything, and my feet stayed toasty and dry all day! 

2. Royal Love Stories by Gill Paul

I first saw this book at the bookstore Claire works at over a year ago, and it has been on my 'To read' list ever since. In April I finally bought it, and it does not disappoint. The full title of the book is Royal Love Stories: The tales behind the real-life romances of Europe's kings & queens, and I think that the title says it all. Each chapter covers the story of a different couple, starting with Peter I of Portugal & Inês de Castro all the way to, of course, Prince William and Catherine Middleton

3. Sephora Lipstick in Seduce and Lip Pencil in Vintage Pink

I didn't get a photo/swatch of this lip combination because I have been wearing it so much I have literally worn both the lip stick and the pencil down to stubs! Seduce is such a pretty light pink colour that could pass as a nude, but is just bright enough to put some colour in your face. The lip pencil is practically a perfect match too. Sometimes I will cover my lips in the pencil and layer the lipstick on top for a longer-lasting look, or just wear the lip pencil on its own. My favourite moment wearing this lipstick was when I had a young woman come up to me on the tram to compliment my lip colour and ask where I got it from! It was the sweetest thing. 

4. Metropolitan Museum of Art tote

You may have already seen this tote in previous outfit posts (here and here!). I received this tote from my parents for Christmas just gone to use it for Uni, and I use it almost every day! It fits a lot more than you think, and it is the perfect size so it doesn't feel like you are carrying around an excessively large bag. I love how it has the art history connection, too. It is lots of fun to walk around Uni and sit in my art history classes like "guess what my major is!"




5. Matilda: The Musical

Claire and I saw Matilda: The Musical at Melbourne's Princess Theatre in April and it was amazing! Claire and I are big musical theatre fans, but last year we didn't end up making it to any of the Melbourne shows. As soon as we found out Matilda was coming, however, we knew that we would never be able to forgive ourselves if we were to miss it. We had been wanting to see the show since we saw the cast perform at the 2013 Tony Awards. We were blown away by the talent of the children in the show. Safe to say we have added 'Adult Ensemble Member in Matilda' to our dream roles list.

6. Disney Pop Songs

Speaking of music, April saw me getting into pop music again. I have always been a fan of pop music, but I don't really listen to it as much apart from the time in the year when it gets dark at 5pm. I find myself travelling home during the post-5 commute home a few times the week and for some reason, whenever it is dark outside and I am on public transport I want to listen to upbeat pop songs? The songs I am loving at the moment all come from Disney Channel stars weirdly enough. Who cares where they come from though, because these songs are so fun and upbeat I cannot get them out of my head! 



What are you most looking forward to in May? 

No comments