The Puffer Vest

Mother's Day is this Sunday, and it is one of my favourite holidays! (Next to Christmas, of course.) Mum's, if you have one, are the best people in the world and I am lucky every day to know that I have such an awesome woman as my mother. Sadly, Claire and I cannot see our mum this weekend, so our parents are going to come down to Melbourne next weekend to celebrate. Mum has made some plans, and I am really looking forward to it. I will have a post up about it for y'all after it happens. 

Today's outfit is actually one of my all time favourite outfits to wear. I think with any Prep, you can never feel more comfortable than when you are wearing a button up shirt and a jumper. Especially during the cooler months of Autumn and Winter, the combination is my go-to outfit. 




As someone that is almost always wearing navy and white 7 days a week, it was fun to add a pop of extra colour with my plaid shirt, which I have talked about on this blog before. I love the combination of navy, red and white. Maybe its an extra influence of America on my style, or maybe it's just a classic colour combo. Who knows? All we really know is that you can never go wrong! 

The puffer vest is one of those items that are an essential in both the preppy, and the Melbourne style wardrobe. This vest, which I purchased from H&M just as they were showing up in stores around Melbourne, has a detachable hood, which makes it perfect for an Australian Prep. I usually keep the hood off for my preppy looks, but when I am feeling more relaxed and Melbourne, I keep the hood on. 

I hope that you have a great Mother's Day weekend! Give your mother-figure a big hug for me. x

No comments