The Everyday Work Tote | Investing

Let me tell you something: Turning 21 and graduating Uni in the same week was such a kick into adulthood. Suddenly I am an (albeit young) twenty-something working full time. Who allowed this to happen? Now that I am no longer a student, Claire and I have both been thinking about beginning to invest in ourselves and our future adult lives. However, the things you should invest in changes depending on how old you are - and what stage in your life you are in. So today I am starting a new series I on the blog which focuses on investment pieces!


The first investment piece I am currently in the market for is a tote I can carry with me everyday for work. A bag where I can keep all of the things I need just for work, like my lanyard and planner, in without losing track of them. An everyday work tote is an investment piece, because you need a durable, top quality bag. Your work handbag goes through a lot - it gets pushed around during the peak hour public transport commute, you cram your homemade lunch along with the latest issue of Vogue to read on your break, and even a spare pair of shoes. Therefore, spending a little extra on your handbag is definitely worth it. If you're still studying, all of these bags would also be perfect to carry along to Uni!


1. The St. Anne Tote by BarringtonI have been thinking about getting one of these handbags for quite a while now, thanks to Kate at Lonestar Southern! The St. Anne Tote is nothing new as for the shape of the tote, but what makes these bags stand out is it's customisability. You can switch it up between patterns and monogram types to your heart's content with these bags. I have decided to purchase one myself, however I have been trying to decide on a pattern and stripe combination that is perfect to be used all throughout the year for a couple of weeks now! 

2. Neverfull by Louis VuittonThis bag is definitely one of the more pricier options. Thinking about spending that much on a handbag - even as an investment - has been breaking out into a nervous sweat. However, I wanted to include it in my list because I know that these bags are amazing. There is a reason why they are called the "neverfull". Plus, the LV monogram is so iconic that you can wear the bag with any outfit and it would match. 

3. Square Tote by The Daily Editedlove The Daily Edited! As well as creating the cutest selection of quality leather goods, the company has brought monogramming to the front of Australian accessorising (and you know I'm a sucker for a monogram). I currently own one of their wallets in navy with my monogram on it, and it couldn't be more perfect! The mist grey colour of this square tote looks so chic, and could work all year round. Imagine it with a navy coat in winter, or paired with pink or green in the warmer months. 

4. Cameron St Lucie Tote by Kate Spade New York: Kate Spade New York are known for their unique and quirky handbag designs, however they also know how to pull off a classic style. Where this black tote lacks character on the outside, on the inside you can find the fun twist Kate Spade is known for with the black and white striped lining. To top it off, this tote has a zippered enclosure - making it perfect to carry around on rainy days without fear of getting your contents wet. 

5. York Buckle Tote by Tory BurchThis tote by Tory Burch is a popular one for college students, and recent grads heading to their first real job - and I can see why. If you follow the link you can see how much space this baby has. There is also a padded pocket to fit your laptop! The buckle detail in the straps looks so great, and matches the logo detail on the front. 

6. The Charlie by Dagne Dover: Dagne Dover bags are a girl's dream because it features an abundance of our favourite things - pockets! There is a space for everything, and looks sophisticated to boot, therefore making this the perfect work bag for the person who needs a bag to take them from their 8am meeting to their after work drinks.

What is your must-have bag? 

No comments