Ribbon Ballet Flats

While the warm weather of Summer is still lingering in Melbourne, I have already switched my mind on to thinking about Autumn. Autumn is my favourite season in Melbourne. There is something about the cooler weather and the fallen leaves which makes me fall in love with the city every year. Autumn is also my favourite season for fashion, and I am way too excited about all of the possibilities! While I did manage to sneak in one last wear of my bright Lilly Pulitzer shift to a friend's 21st on the weekend,  I also purchased my new pair of riding boots in anticipation for the cooler weather. 



These ballet-inspired shoes from Rubi are the perfect flat for Autumn! I first saw them when Miriam wore them to a Housewarming, and by the following Monday I had made my way to Rubi Shoes during my lunch break and purchased them in two different colours. That means something, y'all.

The ribbon-flat trend is everywhere this season (check out this all-black pair from Topshop, and even this gingham pair from JCrew), but what I love about this pair is how the classic black ballet flat was paired with a patterned ribbon. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photos (Claire and I are still figuring out how to photograph shoes), but the ribbon is black and white gingham! It definitely creates a fun, updated look for your Autumn footwear selections. Wear them with a matching gingham shirt, or even mix-up the patterns, like I did when I wore these to work with a navy and white horizontal stripe dress. Anything is possible! 


What are your thoughts on the ribbon flat trend? 

1 comment

  1. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with light purple maxi dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete