Life Update

G'day y'all! 

Well. It has definitely been a hot minute since I last posted on here. The first half of 2017 has been crazy and sadly I needed to take a break from blogging. However, with some re-evaluating of what is important to me and a burst of inspiration, I am ready to get back into The Aussie Prep. Before we do, I wanted to write a little life update to share with you where I have been.




As you may know, I started working full time at the beginning of the year after graduating from Uni in December. This past weekend marked my five month anniversary at my work and what a crazy five months it has been. I won't go into too much detail, but to summarise, I was impacted by a major event, I was promoted after only four months, my manager resigned to explore a new exciting opportunity and I'm currently helping out with the process of hiring new staff.

I never thought that adjusting to working 9-5, five days a week, after three years of being a Uni student would be that hard. Considering I had to adjust to starting work at 6:30am at my old job I thought that starting work at 9:00am would be a breeze. For some reason, the adjustment hadn't really affected me until about March, when I started loosing traction with my blog posts. I usually would work on my blog at nights and on the weekend, but I have been coming home from work so tired that all I wanted to do was veg out on the couch and watch hours of Netflix.

I have also been busy trying to keep up with having a social life. Out of all of my friends, I am one of three who is not still studying so organising to catch up over a coffee between classes, or spend time in the library together is no longer an option if I want to hang out with my friends. So I have been trying to make sure I find time to spend with my friends whenever our schedule's match up, which is not always easy. And as for my dating life, well... let's just say that like everything else, it's a work in progress.

I think another reason why I stopped blogging for a little while is because I lost inspiration. I only ever want to create content that I believe in and makes me happy. I started this blog to have a fun outlet to talk about my love of fashion after all. However, I have not been impressed by what clothes are currently in stores recently which makes it hard to come up with new interesting outfits to share. I think it is time to go back to basics and focus on the pieces or outfits that I love, instead of focusing on whether it is on trend or not.

So that is a quick, broad life update for you. I am starting to feel excited about getting back into this blog again. It has always been a passion project of mine, and it's important to focus on your hobbies outside of work.

If you have any ideas of any blog posts you would like me to do, please let me know! I am always open to hear suggestions.

You shall see me again soon. I promise.

Grace. 

No comments