Striped Shirt Dress

Welcome to Friday! If you are following along on Instagram, I have just arrived at the lake town where my parents live to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday this weekend. Before my parents moved here, we used to visit every Summer and it always felt like my second home. Now my parents do live here, it really is! My Hometown Glory will always be my home, even though I, and my parents, no longer live there.  

Speaking of homes, I'm so excited today to show you another post featuring photos taken in a classic Melbourne landscape. Hello bluestone laneways! 














Shirt dress: Basque | Necklace: H&M (Not online)  | Heels: Big W | Handbag: Colette (similar)

Now, let's talk about this dress! When I bought this dress, I had just finished reading Classic Style by Kate Schelter (I highly recommend it by the way). As soon as I saw this darling blue and white striped dress I knew it would be something that will have a place in my wardrobe for years to come. 

However, I do want to make a note on sizing. I have recently realised that just because something fits, doesn't mean that it is the right fit. Sometimes going one size up or one size down can make all the difference! For example, in a regular size, the skirt of this dress fell just above my knees. It wasn't a terrible look, but we know by now that I always prefer my skirts to have a shorter hemline so, I tried on the petite version and it was perfect. Can you believe it? I'm 5ft 11 and I bought a petite dress! 

Lastly, I wanted to comment on the necklace I am wearing in this outfit. I have slowly been moving away from statement necklaces (despite clutching on to my collection and declaring I'll never give up on them), but when I saw this necklace in H&M the other day there was something about it that made me buy it without thinking twice. I love the look of a silk scarf wrapped around the beads, but it does also look like it belongs to one of my best friends' nonna's. Who cares though - I love it! 

What is an item which is staple in your wardrobe?

Love from Australia,
Grace.

No comments