Feeling 22 in Draper James

We are taking a small break from Christmas content because today is my twenty-second birthday! 

Looking back on the past year, twenty-one did not turn out exactly like I thought it would. There was more lows than highs than expected. However, I am feeling incredibly optimistic about twenty-two. I am starting a new, exciting chapter in my life (details to come soon!) with the truly most loveliest friends and I can't wait! Also, as an identical twin, I can't help but feel drawn to the number 22, which is an identical number. #twinjoke












Dress: Draper James | Basket bag: Seed Heritage (similar, on final sale) | Shoes: Old

Last night Claire and I had a small birthday dinner with our nearest and dearest, and I am obsessed with the dress I wore! This is the Parton Check Mary Beth Halter Dress from Draper James. I saw this dress everywhere during the Spring/Summer in America earlier this year and I fell IN LOVE with it. Not only is it in my signature blue and white gingham, the dress is the perfect embodiment of "classic with a modern twist", which is how I define my style. The a-line skirt and the big bow are definitely classics - but the size of the print and the halter neckline is perfectly modern. 

When it was on sale I finally took the plunge and decided to treat myself to it. It is the most I have ever spent on a dress, but I knew I would regret letting this slip by. I knew that I wanted to save it to wear on my birthday (it has been hanging in my wardrobe since August!). On the tag of Draper James dresses it says "grace and charm," which are two qualities I always try to emulate within me and something I would like to focus more on as I go in to my twenty second year (while still having fun of course - I am only twenty-two!). 

Love from Australia,
Grace.

No comments