Entertaining Playlist: Retro Version

Every time I host a party or dinner, I always make sure I spend time going through the playlist for the evening. Having the perfect background music sets the mood of the event, so it is important to make sure you have the right vibe. Claire and I have been in a little bit of a 50's-60's mood recently (which 100% has been influenced by watching The Man From U.N.C.L.E, Baby Driver and Dirty Dancing), so for my dinner party I held a couple of weeks ago, we created the Entertaining Playlist: Retro Version.


The playlist was the perfect background music for a Summer evening. It is filled with all of your retro favourites, including The Supremes, The Ronettes, The Beach Boys and Nina Simone. Something I was sure to include were a variety of songs across all decades but had a similar vibe, such as Leon Bridges, Amy Winehouse and Duffy. As much as we love music from the 50s and 60s, to listen to it for four hours might get a little tiresome, so it is always a good idea to include some songs which might be more familiar to your guests or you know they will enjoy.

As the playlist currently stands, there are over 100 songs. But a sample of them are:
  • He's So Fine - The Chiffons
  • You've Really Got A Hold On Me - The Miracles
  • A Teenager In Love - Dion & The Belmonts
  • Be My Baby - The Ronettes
  • Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
  • Stay - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs
  • I've Got A Woman - Ray Charles
  • La Bamba - Ritchie Valens
  • Stupid Cupid - Connie Francis
  • Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
  • My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nina Simone
  • Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
  • Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
  • Hold On, I'm Comin' - Sam & Dave
  • Sherry - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
  • B-A-B-Y - Carla Thomas
  • September - Earth, Wind & Fire
  • You Keep Me Hangin' On - The Supremes
  • Cry To Me - Solomon Burke
  • Takin' My Time With You - Maureen Bailey
  • Me & Mr Jones - Amy Winehouse
  • Pull Away - Leon Bridges

What is your go-to song to set the perfect vibe for your party?

Grace.

No comments