Work This Out

Excuse the title for this one. I watched all three High School Musical movies last weekend and I'm still in the HSM zone. But can you blame me? (The answer is no)

Anyway, today I went to the GYM. Like, an actual gym with all of the machine thingy-ma-jigs and everything, on my own free will no less! I have always wanted to do something a little bit extra for my exercise (my only exercise is walking to and from public transport), but I never got around to actually signing up for any classes. One of my friends over the past few months has been taking advantage of the gym at our Uni and the various group fitness classes they do there. What better opportunity to finally get into fitness than doing it with a friend who already has a small routine organised? So, today I asked if I could join her for little gym session.




By finally committing to going to the gym (at least for this one session), I had a valid excuse to go shopping for gym-appropriate clothing! Any excuse for shopping is good enough for me. Also, how fun is this outfit?! I bought the fluro pink sports bra from Cotton On Body last year when I tried out for Cheerleading, but I didn't have a proper pair of workout leggings. These ones, also from Cotton On Body, are so comfortable! They feel just as great as regular cotton leggings do, but with that little extra support. I think I may even wear these without going to the gym. Good thing 'Athlesiure' is in style at the moment!

Because I love colour, I paired my bright sports bra with this flowy, striped tank top I have had for a few years now (like so many years). It was hot today, so I wanted something that was still a bit breezy to cool me down, rather than wearing a tank top that clings to me, or a t-shirt. My new runners designed by Giaan Rooney for Target also colour coordinated, which I will never object to. 

Hopefully I can stick with regularly working out. What is something fun that you do for exercise?  

Sports Bra: Cotton On Body (similar linked) | Tank Top: Sports Girl (old, no longer available) | Leggings: Cotton On Body | Shoes: Giaan by Spalding

No comments