Casual Sunday at the British Museum

Happy weekend, y'all! 

Today I am sharing with you an outfit I wore on the London trip that ended up being one of my favourites. Due to time, it is the only fashion post I have lined up from London. But don't worry, as the weather warms up in the Spring and they are seasonally appropriate, I will share some of the outfits I wore in London. 




On the third day of our trip, Claire and I decided to hit up the British Museum in the morning, and visit the BFI and Tower of London in the afternoon. Believe me, we actually managed to do it all! You can definitely do the British Museum in longer than a couple of hours in the morning, but Claire and I knew that we couldn't fit in all of it, so we decided on our priorities (Medieval and Renaissance Europe, decorative arts, and architecture), and focused on them during our visit.


While I was packing for London, I knew that the English Summer would be a new way to test my wardrobe, as my usual Australian Summer looks will most likely not work. Summer in London, I have now experienced, is like Spring in Australia. It's not too warm, but the humidity makes it feel like it is starting to warm up. I packed with the intention to hopefully get creative with some of my key pieces and wear them in ways I haven't before. This outfit I wore on the Sunday of our trip ended up being one of my favourite outfits of the trip. I love it so much, I am counting down the days to Spring so I can wear it again!

The blue and white striped boat neck is always and forever a classic look. So much so, that I own this long-sleeve from H&M in the inverse, as well as this version. I seriously can never get enough of blue and white stripes! I really enjoy how the navy works with the olive green of my shorts. I bought these shorts so many years ago, when I was in high school, from an op shop and I always tend to fall back on them. The tie at the waist makes them stand out, and adds a fun detail, from other shorts with the button closure. 

This outfit is quite comfortable and casual. Being me, of course, I wanted to dress it up a bit more and decided to add my go-to rope statement necklace. The cardigan over my shoulders had the original intention of carrying all day in case I needed the extra layer, and it didn't fit in my handbag. I ended up quite enjoying the look of the cardigan over my shoulders. I may look like a WASP-y soccer mum, but we all know that is always the look I embrace anyway. 

I hope that you have a great week! I am starting my final semester of my undergrad this week, and while I feel that this break has not been long enough, I am looking forward to it. This is an exciting time of our lives, y'all!

No comments