London | July 2016

Welcome back, y'all! 

If you have been following on Instagram or Facebook, we just got back from travelling to England! It was such a great trip for us. If you did not know from my post announcing the trip, this was mine and Claire's first time overseas. We could not have chosen a better place to go overseas to for our first time. London felt just like Melbourne, except more English. We felt so comfortable, and only slightly overwhelmed by being in a different country. It might have been the easy way out by going to one of the countries that is most like Australia so we didn't have too much of a culture shock, but considering Claire and I planned this trip by ourselves, without any other experience travelling to a different country with our parents, for example, it was still a great learning experience.


I have a few blog posts planned regarding this trip, including one outfit post, and a London fashion haul. Today I am essentially doing a photo-dump of some of the over 100 photos Claire and I took combined of this trip.

It is kind of a thing in Melbourne where if you didn't get a photo before entering security for International Departures, did you even really go overseas?
On our first day, after arriving at Heathrow at 6:30am, we were fairly tired during the day, so we decided to keep on moving and just walked around central London just to get a feel for the place and really believe that we had actually made it. 
Our second day, we met up with our friends from Uni who are currently living in London, Emma and Cate for a day in Brighton. They are also identical twins, and in Melbourne we always talked about having a fun twin day out. It was funny that when it actually happened, it was in England!
We visited the British Museum and the Tower of London in one day. The Tower was kind of a spur of the moment decision for us. We knew it was kind of pricey to go in, but we decided to do it anyway, because a lot of our friends had spoken highly of it. It was so amazing! I love Medieval Castles history, and the Crown Jewels were so beautiful. 
If anyone knows me well enough, they would know that I am kind of obsessed with the British Royal Family and its history. So seeing Buckingham Palace was kind of a surreal experience for me. I was in a daze the whole time, because I couldn't believe that I actually was at Buckingham Palace! Next time I come to London I need to time it with the late Summer when they actually open up the palace for visitors. 
We did a bus tour on one of the days that took us to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. It was the coldest day of our trip, and it actually rained while we were at Windsor Castle, but if it didn't rain at a major attraction at least once,  I don't think I would have been satisfied. It is England, after all! It was quite a big day, and we didn't get time to see anything but the Roman Baths at Bath, but it was still a great trip and definitely worth the long bus rides.
Kensington Palace, which is the official residence of The Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Harry.
Claire and I became obsessed with Marks and Spencer while we were in London. They had such great lunch options! We tried to go there every day, and even had a picnic in Hyde Park one day. 
We visited a few museums and galleries, but the Victoria & Albert Museum, and the National Portrait Gallery (below) were by far my favourite! 
Claire and I are quite big Harry Potter fans. We own all of the DVD's and even have a set of the books, each. We spent our Friday night at the Harry Potter studio tour, and it was the best Friday night ever. 
The portraits were my favourite part of the Harry Potter set. It is amazing how all of the paintings included in the Harry Potter movies were painted especially for the set!
Our last day, we decided to hit up Notting Hill and the Portobello Road market. The sun was out and it actually managed to get to 24 degrees! Claire and I both agreed that it was one of our favourite days of the trip, and choosing to go on our last day was the best decision we could have made. I loved it so much.

If you are still around, I hope you enjoyed these photos! I now have to get prepared for the second semester of Uni which starts on Monday, but I do hope to have another blog post for you soon. 

Enjoy the rest of your week, y'all!

No comments