You Can Take The Girl Out Of The Country...

Well, it turns out that you can take the girl out of the country, but you cannot take the country out of the girl! If you read my last favourite's post (if you haven't, check it out!), I mentioned that my quilted vest was my favourite clothing item for the month of June, and this outfit is why. 

I like to call this outfit my audition for Farmer Wants A Wife. Let it be known though, that while I am originally from regional Victoria, I did not grow up on a farm. However, this outfit gives me major country vibes. I think in Australia, being preppy can definitely verge on looking like you live and work on a farm. It is the gingham shirts and vests, for sure.

I think that pairing this fun and colourful scarf with the outfit provides an urban vibe to the look. I always love a fun scarf, and there is something about the colour combination of blue, white and orange that I am always drawn to. Fun fact: at one point in high school, Claire and I wanted to open our own cinema called The Clementine Cinema, and the colour scheme was going to be navy, cream and orange. I bought this scarf on sale from Sportsgirl in my first year of Uni, and it is my second-most worn scarf. 

Although, let's talk about another element of this outfit which I love. I have received so many compliments on these boots! The elastic at the back make them stand out from other knee-high boots, which is what I love about them. I bought them from Novo for half price at the end of the season last year. However, the good news is that for this years' season, Novo has released a very similar pair, and they are on sale! Is that not a sign that you need to buy a pair of boots, or what? 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, y'all! 

No comments