Sunday At The Footy

I am not sure if any of y'all have noticed, but this year I have really been into going to the football. I have always been a fan of football, as I grew up watching my older brother play every Saturday during Winter. However, whether you are a fan of the sport or not, every Melbournian at least once in their life needs to go to an AFL game. 

I have been to an AFL game three times (so far) this season, and I have been loving it. A couple of weekends ago, Claire and I went to the Carlton v Western Bulldogs game as they are our teams and they were playing against each other. It was tense between Claire and I leading up to the game as we didn't know how it was going to go. We did make a bet that whosever team loses has to cook dinner and wash the dishes that night. It is possibly the meanest we will ever be to each other!



It was freezing in the city when we went to the game - I think around 10-12 degrees celsius, so layers were important. I decided to layer my J Crew Factory puffer vest (currently sold out) under my new navy pea coat for some extra warmth around my middle and it was so warm. Layering the vest under my coat or jacket has actually become my uniform during the chilliest part of the season. 

I also paired my outfit with my beloved L.L. Bean Boots. Working in an office full time, I don't get as many opportunities to wear my Bean Boots as I did when I was studying, so I try to wear them as much as I can on the weekends.

What is your tip for for layering in the Winter?

Love from Australia,
Grace.

No comments