Wedding Guest Outfits For Winter

So I may be a little late into the season to have a post dedicated to wedding guest dresses specifically for winter. However, last week I received my first wedding invitation (that wasn't from a family member) in the mail! I'm going to be completely honest with you all though... I bought my dress to wear to the wedding before I received the invitation. As soon as I saw the dress I knew it was perfect, and it was on sale! How could I not?





In any season there are specific things you have to think about when choosing what to wear when attending as a guest. Your outfit needs to be weather appropriate and also to fit the setting. For example, in summer your priorities are going to choose something light and airy to keep you cool in the heat, where in winter you will want something thicker to keep you warm. An afternoon reception calls for something more relaxed than an evening reception.

Even though I already have my dress, I thought that I would share with you some of my top picks and tips for picking the perfect dress for the occasion.
  • Go for something in a thicker material over an airy chiffon or silk.
  • Longer hemlines like a midi or maxi will also create more warmth than a short skirt, however wearing tights is totally not out of the question.
  • Make sure your colours are seasonally appropriate. Leave the pastels and flamingo printed skirt in the wardrobe and opt for navy, reds or purples. Even take the plunge and go for black. With some fun accessories like a statement earring you can take the look from funeral to wedding ready.
  • Skip the dress and choose pants instead. In a jumpsuit, or part of separates, pants are the perfect choice. Keeping your legs warm and free to get down on the dance floor.
Do you have a tip for choosing the perfect wedding guest outfit?

Love from Australia,
Grace.

No comments