East Coast Neutral

G'day y'all

Today's outfit post is a change of pace from my post earlier in the week. I feel like there are two extremes with my Uni wardrobe, and it is either super casual, like the leggings and pullover ensemble from Tuesday's post, or looking like I am on my way into the office, and not my U.S History lecture. For some reason, wearing just a casual jeans and a t-shirt never seems like an option for me. 



This outfit was a lot of fun for me to put together. I cannot help but feel like Sarah Vickers when I wear this. I think it has something to do with the gingham skirt tucked into a skirt combination. Keeping it neutral with a classic navy and tan colour combination has an East Coast influence. Looking back on the cooler seasons of Autumn and Winter, I have found that I constantly look to the traditional preppy style of the eastern states of the U.S., which is what initially drew me to the preppy life.

You might recognise a few pieces in this outfit, which I have worn on the blog before. Yes, I am a clothing item, and outfit, repeater. All the outfits I post on my blog are what I actually wear in my day-to-day life. I repeat items here and there, because I want to show you how I use what is in my wardrobe already to create classic looks. I am excited for Spring and Summer however, because I am anticipating more new additions in my wardrobe to share with you!

I am obsessed with my H&M gingham shirt, and I always love finding new ways I can wear it. Tucked in and belted with a navy skirt is the perfect way to look casual enough for campus while also being able to walk straight into working at an internship. All you have to do is remove the light jacket and you have a perfect office look! 

I bought the wool wrap-around skirt from Gap last year on sale, and I haven't had many opportunities to wear it since. I love the look of it though, and the black piping around the edges is perfect to blend in with a pair of black tights. The belt, which is a simple brown one I bought at Primark in London, ties together with my knee-high boots and also works well to break up the navy in the shirt, skirt and jacket.  

This outfit would also look great with a longer style like a paper bag skirt, and even swapping the knee-high boots for a pair of wellies for a cute rainy-day look.

Have a great weekend! 







No comments