Transitioning to Spring in Uniqlo

G'day y'all!

Can you believe it? Spring is two days away! While I feel that the past Winter wasn't too terrible, I feel that my Winter wardrobe was beginning to feel repetitive and uninspiring. There are only so many times you can wear a collared shirt and jumper combination in a row before you start to want something else. So, when the Melbourne decided to give us a slightly warmer, sunny day I immediately jumped on the chance to bring in a new outfit that would be perfect for transitioning from Winter to Spring, and this long-sleeved, navy and cream striped dress from Uniqlo is definitely it!


I had been eyeing this dress from Uniqlo since the beginning of the year, but I doubted that I would be able to pull it off, as I was a bit unsure of high necklines. Funnily enough, when I saw that it was on sale at a Uniqlo while I was in London, I thought I might as well try it on just in case, and am I glad that I did! This dress is unlike anything I have owned before. As well as being long-sleeved, the material is quite thick, which has made it a great dress to wear with tights during the Winter. It also makes it the best dress to wear as the weather slowly warms up, as you can wear it without tights and still feel warm. Also, the dress has POCKETS! Safe to say, I am 100% sold.

A classic denim jacket is a staple to any Spring/Summer wardrobe, no matter what your style. My light wash jacket is from H&M a few years ago, and I pretty much wear it every day during the warmer months. Pairing it with the high neckline and horizontal stripes in the dress gives the outfit a definite Melbourne look, while still looking classic. Rolling the sleeves of the dress over the jacket and with my trusty brown loafers, gives the outfit the special Grace touch.

Best news ever, this dress is currently on sale! I think I might have to duck in to Uniqlo and pick up the red and cream version too...

What are you most excited about for Spring?

No comments