Summertime Yellows

If you have been following along on my style journey for a while now, you may have already noticed that I almost always wear blue and white - with the occasional colour thrown in. I just scrolled through all of my past fashion posts from the last 6 months of 2017 and every single outfit post was blue and white! I mean, it is a classic colour combination which you can never go wrong with. But, when I saw this adorable yellow, gingham midi sundress in a little boutique in Melbourne, I couldn't resist from switching things up a little.


I have been seeing the colour yellow everywhere as we enter the second half of Summer. I do like yellow, but I never really know how it looks on me. Weirdly enough, I think it looks better on Claire than it does on me (despite being identical twins). However, I thought I would give it a try anyway to bring a little extra sunshine into my life and I don't mind it. In fact, I think it makes my dark hair look that slightly bit more summery.


Dress: Luvalot (similar| Hat: Target (old) | Sunglasses: Rubi Morgan Sunnie (old, tortoiseshell linked) | Monogram necklace: United Monograms (medium size) | Basket bag: Seed Heritage (similar) | Scarf: Zara (not online) | Shoes: Windsor Smith (old)

Okay, before we continue I should probably confess something... This dress is actually Claire's. However, I was the one to spot the dress in the boutique and encouraged her to try it on. Also, as twin sisters who share an apartment together, we basically share a wardrobe anyway. So the dress is just as much as mine too, right? While Claire's style is different to mine (you can check out her Instagram here), it is fun to borrow some of her clothes when I am looking to mix things up a little bit.

We took these photos outside the National Gallery of Victoria before we went to see their inaugural Triennial exhibition. It is the first time they've held the Triennial and it is quite the exhibition for their first time around. Some of the works included are breathtaking! I haven't been to a gallery in an embarrassingly long time and it felt amazing to be back in the gallery space again, surrounded by art. It was also great to be back in the NGV. The best part about the Triennial was that is is a free exhibition and spans across all the levels of the gallery. I loved being able to swing by some old friends (aka, the artworks I wrote essays on during Uni) while also enjoying the new works.

I hope you enjoy the long weekend! Do you have any fun plans?


Grace.

No comments