Top-Siders by the Seaside

Happy first post of 2018, all!

This is not just my first blog post of 2018, it is also the first for a few changes in my photos! Today's post is the first time featuring photos taken using my brand new DSLR (I am using the Canon EOS 200D with a 18-55mm lens if you are wondering). I have also finally figured out how to size my photos so they are all the same width, so hello landscape photos. Just a couple of new and exciting changes, but there are still plenty more to come! 



Over New Years, my parents visited Melbourne for a little holiday. On Tuesday, they picked Claire and I up from our apartment and we had a fun road trip along the beach, down to the Mornington Peninsula and ending in Sorrento and Portsea. I haven't been down that area since I was a child, so it was great to see a bit of the coast-side of Victoria - even if I was totally looking at the seaside architecture out the car window instead of the actual sea. I think it was my first time seeing Sorrento and Portsea though, and guys, I am in love! Claire and I have already vowed to one day make it our regular holiday spot. We might have to get over our aversion to sand first...


2/4 Sleeve Boatneck: J.Crew (Sold out, in navy and white here| Jeans: Cotton On | Handbag: Charlie Brown (old) | Shoes: Sperry Seacoast Core Canvas Sneaker | Sunglasses: Rubi Morgan Sunnie

I am so excited about my brand new Sperry's I'm wearing in this post! I started this blog talking about how I am on a journey to "preppiness." Over time I have definitely taken this with my own individual interpretations. However, there are certain items that are quintessentially preppy which I can't help but feel that I must have these items in my life to help me feel like the image of the person I want to be in my head. I obviously place too much importance on material items, but hey, why else would I be pursuing a career in fashion? 

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that when I began my journey to infiltrate a classic, preppy style into the Australian fashion landscape, I started with this list in my head of all the pairs of shoes I needed in my wardrobe for it to feel complete. These Sperry sneakers are the final pair on my list. Result! I loved wearing them by the sea- especially in my striped boatneck and white jeans ensemble. I felt like all I was missing was a yacht to go sail on. Anyone want to help a girl live out her Summer vacation dreams? 

Where do you usually holiday in Summer, and what is your dream Summer holiday location? I would love to hear them!



Love from Australia,
Grace.

No comments