Two Years of The Aussie Prep

I can't believe it, but today were are celebrating two years of The Aussie Prep! 

It is crazy to think that two years (tomorrow) of blogging have flown by. I have had so much fun working on this blog - it is definitely my favourite thing I do in my life. I enjoy coming up with, and creating, new content. My love of fashion has grown even more and gave me the confidence to finally give my dream of working in fashion a chance and apply for fashion school.

As I did last year, I am going to use this post to look back on my favourite outfits from The Aussie Prep's second year.


It's interesting to see how things have changed over the past 12 months. For example, within the past month I have started editing my photos differently. While I love the look of bright, colourful blog photos, I always struggled to get it just right. So, I have mixed it up to go for a more timeless look and I love how it has turned out so far. It feels a lot more like me.

Continuously improving is something I have always aimed for in my life, whether it be in my work, the blog, or personally. As we head into the third year of The Aussie Prep, I am starting to put even more work in to the blog to make it the best it can be! With a new DSLR, a new aesthetic and a new website design, I am looking forward to seeing what this year may bring. I think we still have a lot of work to do, but that's half the fun!


This outfit is probably my favourite out of all of my outfits. I love it so much, I wore it on my last day of my job as a bit of a confidence boost. I also wanted to re-visit it for this blog post, so Claire and I took a couple of quick new photos. Check out the post for the original photos.


This post I really enjoyed because I got to show the variations of my style. I loved this third look though, as I think it was one of the first times I have actually shown the Melbourne influence in my style.


Two words: Bean. Boots.


One of the only times I have actually gotten fully dressed up on the blog!


This post is when I started stepping things up a notch. I tried something new by trying a dress I loved but was different than something I've had before, and found a more interesting location to take photos.


Tying a silk scarf like this has become my go-to for when I feel an outfit needs a lift.


This was also when I started editing my photos with the new aesthetic and I love how they turned out. Even though they're not perfect (the shadows were completely my fault), you still get a feel for the clothes and that is all that matters. 


First blog post using the DSLR! 

Thank-you for all of your love and support as I have continued this fun hobby of mine. Here's to another year!


Grace.

No comments