The [Aussie] Prep's Guide To Monogramming

If you have been following The Aussie Prep from the start, firstly, thank you for sticking around, and secondly, you might remember the iconic quote from Reese Witherspoon, "my motto is, if it's not moving...monogram it!" from one of my first posts. Monograms are one the biggest parts of the prep life. When I decided to commit to the preppy style, ordering a monogram necklace was the first thing I invested in. Having a monogram is one of the things that separates being preppy from being someone that likes to wear collared shirts under jumpers.



Your monogram is your three initials, which can then be transferred on to pretty much anything (I mean anything!).  What you must know is the correct order of your initials in your monogram. If you are a single female, your monogram has your last name initial in the middle, with your first name and middle name on the left and right respectively. 

first name, LAST NAME, middle name.  

However, this changes if you are married, or if you are creating a monogram for a married couple. There are many guides to monogram etiquette online that are easy to find if you want to find out more. 

There are so many online stores that specialize in monogrammed items.My favourite store is United Monograms. Mainly because they now ship to Australia, but also because they have all of the preppy monogrammed basics. My pro-tip for if you are going to order something off an online store like United Monograms is to wait until they have a sale, because the USD to AUD conversion can be ridiculous sometimes. If you are thinking on getting your monogram on something, I also recommend looking on Etsy. I got my monogram necklace from a store on there (although I forgot which store!), and for Christmas Claire actually ordered monogrammed cuff-links for our brother.  

Stuck on what exactly to get monogrammed? Here is some items on my monogram wish list! You can also check out my newest Pinterest board, which is full of monogram ideas. 
Monogram Baseball Cap


Monogram Clutch






What item would you love to have your monogram on?

No comments