Mid-Summertime Scarf

A trend that has been developing, which I am loving, is the return of the silk scarf. From tying a colourful scarf onto the handle of your handbag to draping it around your neck, the silk scarf is the perfect accessory for the second half of Summer as we prepare for thicker scarves in the upcoming Autumn.











I wore this outfit on the first day of Summer back in December, and I loved it! I just knew that I had to wear it again. When Claire and I were grabbing an early dinner along Southbank with our brother and his girlfriend, this was the perfect look. In fact, this outfit would actually be perfect for an Australia Day picnic or barbeque on Thursday! The silk scarf, which is actually a souvenir scarf for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II Claire found at an Op Shop, adds a chic look to this otherwise boxy linen shirt dress. Do I feel like a woman in her 60's who volunteers at the Guggenheim in her spare time? Pretty much. Do I mind? Not really.

What is your favourite way to wear the neck scarf trend?

No comments