Follow Me Around | First Day of Uni 2016

Welcome to Autumn, friends! 
Summer was actually pretty great this year, but I am so glad that it is now Autumn. Of course, with Autumn arriving, it means that Uni is back for the year. I cannot believe that this is my final year of University. Especially because I do not have plans to do any post-graduate work at this current time. 

To celebrate University coming back, I thought that I would do a little 'follow me around' type post for my first day: Snapchat edition. Snapchat is super fun! I do enjoy using it, so if you would like, you can follow me @gracefulwhitex! 



People who don't know me might have seen me walking around campus with my big statement necklace and heeled sandals and thought that I had really dressed up just for the first day back. However, those who do know me knows that this is just how I dress casually every day. I always like to follow Oscar Wilde when he said "you can never be overdressed, or overeducated." 


Turns out that my friend Miriam has a break Monday mornings that is the perfect time to grab a quick breakfast before my classes start at 11, so we decided to go to Mr Tulk to celebrate the first day back for both of us. Hopefully we will be able to keep doing this every few weeks during the semester.


Between my two classes of the day, I had a break. However, with it only being week one there is not much to do outside of readings. So I headed over to my friend Emily's who lives near by and spent time with her. I managed to score a free cup of tea, so it was definitely a break well spent. Emily is the sweetest!


I noticed during my Baroque Art tutorial that I actually use a lot of pink in my notes. Pink ink pen, pink four-colour pen, pink highlighter, pink drink bottle.... But hey, can you blame me? Pink is obviously the best colour there is! I officially take on the role of being Elle Woods of the art history department. 


Only in Week One can you come home after Uni, sit on the couch and watch a few episodes of One Tree Hill. I am really going to be missing this extra down time pretty soon I think.


Yesterday was also Oscar's Day! Because of Uni we missed the live broadcast during the afternoon (#timedifferences), so Claire and I invited some of our friends over to watch the replay they aired late last night. It was like that episode of How I Met Your Mother when they agree to watch The Superbowl the day after because they had to attend a funeral/wake. We actually tried to go on a media blackout so none of the winners were spoiled for us. However, like the HIMYM episode, it didn't work out as well as we hoped. Being able to sit together to watch it, whether we knew the winners or not, was still a fun night. Definitely might become an annual thing. Claire and I were happy that we were able to pick the Best Picture winner for the second time in a row!

I will be back with a specifically 'preppy' post for you on Friday. 
Have a great week!

No comments