Autumn Plaid

Happy Fashion Friday, y'all!

What a week it has been! My week hasn't been particularly busy, but with the Melbourne weather being all over the place I feel like this week has been a whirlwind. Melbourne is known for it's unpredictable, 'four seasons in a day' weather, so I shouldn't be too surprised. However, 39 degrees (celcius) in the second week of March? That one was actually surprising. Yesterday we had our first official taste of Autumn and I was loving it! As I have mentioned in previous posts, Autumn is my favourite season. I always fall in love Melbourne the most during Autumn, it gets so beautiful! 




Once I found out that the weather forecast was cooling down to 22 degrees and a high chance of rain, I knew that this would be my chance to break out the plaid for the day. I am so glad that I did! I think that this outfit is rivaling my last outfit post for favourite outfit I have blogged so far. I love combining red and navy together, whether it be with just a red lip, or even with a classic plaid print.

While the shirt looks like a flannel, it is actually a cotton shirt. 22 is not that cold (even if I wish it was), so I didn't feel it necessary to wear an actual flannelette shirt. The cotton shirt gave me enough air to breathe while still keeping the classic autumn look alive. For extra breathing room, I decided to tie the shirt at my waist which, in my opinion, acknowledged that it was still warm. 

I recently bought these high-waisted dark wash jeans that were on my Autumn Essentials post, and after wearing them for a day I am in love with them! They are actually the same brand and style of my lighter wash jeans I have blogged before. I felt that I needed a darker wash for the cooler months, while the lighter wash works best in the Spring and Summer. 

I paired this outfit with my new brown loafers, which I have talked about before in this post. By the way, I am still breaking these shoes in and now my feet are covered in blisters. Ouch! However, these are the sacrifices we make for fashion, because how perfect do these shoes match this outfit? Next time I wear this outfit (because yes, I am most likely going to wear it again I love it so much!), I might pair it with some white low converse. 

I hope that you have a great weekend! I am actually in for a busy one as it is my older sister's birthday, and we are celebrating one of my best friends' birthday as well. 

Rain Jacket: Target (no longer available) | Plaid Shirt: Factorie (great alternative) | Jeans: Just Jeans | Loafers: Target (also comes in cream!)

No comments