Errands Day Casual

Hello Friends!

Due to the lack of outfit post on Friday, I have decided to make it up to you by bringing you this outfit on a Tuesday. This outfit is actually one of my favourite weekend outfits, so when I wore it on Sunday it was not a hard decision to want to write a post about it. As a Uni student, weekends don't usually follow the typical weekend routine. As there are no classes on Saturday and Sunday, weekends are usually reserved for picking up shifts at work, studying, and running errands. Which, when you think about it, isn't too different from what my weekdays look like. One thing I am actually looking forward to about graduating and having to join The Real Full Time Job Workforce is the potential to have my weekends back for brunching, gallery visiting and proper relaxing. 


Living out of home has been an exercise and a half in time management. Trying to balance work, going to class, studying, and running a household (i.e cooking, cleaning, washing) can get pretty overwhelming. What works for me is having a routine. For example, every Saturday or Sunday (whichever day lines up with mine and Claire's individual work schedules) we clean the apartment top to bottom and then we do our grocery shopping for the week. Going to the supermarket does not require an over-the-top outfit, but being me, I still like to look like I have put an effort in to my look. My absolute favourite, go-to errands day outfit is a pair of jeans and my L.L. Bean three-quarter sleeve striped top.



It do not know what much else to say about this outfit other than it always makes me feel like an Inner East Soccer Mum. Everyone knows that I love a bit of Soccer Mum chic in my day-top-day wear. I mean, why not? This outfit was super easy to throw on and it still looks cool.

I love wearing plaid scarves with navy and white striped tops. This one I bought from Boohoo last year, so it is sadly no longer available. I have linked other cute scarves in past blog posts, here and here
What is the most amazing thing about this outfit is the striped three quarter top. Why? Because it is from L.L. Bean and I found it in a Melbourne op-shop. Talk about opportunity! This just goes to show preppy fashion can be found anywhere. In fact, every prep loves to be thrifty (but that's a story for another time).

What do you wear when you run errands? 

No comments