Shopping Preppy in Australia | H&M

 Today I bring you the first post in the series that features the stores in Australia (and also international) that you can shop to find the perfect preppy pieces. As preppy is a niche American style, a few of the brands that are distinctly for the preppy in America sadly do not ship to Australia. (I'm looking at you, Vineyard Vines!) Despite this, I have managed to find a few places locally where you can still find great, staple pieces. The first one I would like to talk about is the Swedish fashion giant H&M.









Last year, when I wanted to start building my preppy wardrobe, I went to the recently opened H&M in Melbourne's Bourke Street Mall. This store is such a maze! You should have seen me when I visited the Brisbane store when I was there the other week. It was so organsied and clear! Definitely not like the Melbourne store at all. However, if you go there often enough you will eventually know your way around. During this trip last year I somehow stumbled across this mezzanine space in the store, and guys, I found my Australian Preppy heaven! 

H&M have this separate label, although they call it a 'concept', called L.O.G.G (Label of Graded Goods). L.O.G.G features patterned button down shirts, jumpers, and casual tops, all in the classic style. In this section you will also find hoodies and other sweatshirt type jumpers, which isn't necessarily up my alley due to the face I don't like to dress too casual (confession: I only own one pair of tracksuit pants!), The label also sometimes feels like it can go into farming territory, but one again, considering the prep loves gingham shirts, knee high riding boots and vests, are we all that surprised?

I bought my blue gingham shirt and navy puffer vest from this label last year, and considering I basically live in them, they have upheld so amazingly well! They still look new, and not a year old. The rest of H&M is also good for finding classic wardrobe staples. In a recent trip to purchase more jumpers, as mine were getting a bit stretched/shrunken, I found the cutest cable-knit front jumpers in navy and forest green. They are perfect for the cooler weather coming up, and can easily pass as a jumper from J Crew --well, to the untrained eye maybe...

Let me know if you like this type of post and if you would like to see more, because I definitely have more places to shop on my list. 
Have a great week!

No comments